HD Antenna Albemarle Greene County, Charlottesville VA Virginia
Cut the Cord !!?? –HD antenna Albemarle or Greene County in the Charlottesville VA area
Cut the Cord: How to install a small HD antenna if you live in rural Albemarle county.
Why pay $50 to $150 per month !!???- when you can stream a ton of content on services like Amazon and Netflix over the internet AND- you can get free local HD channels with a small unobtrusive HD antenna. AVS recently helped a customer in the Earlysville area cut the cord.
Here’s how you do it:
- First determine your location, geography, tree and hill blockage and pick an antenna accordingly. Do some research for you zipcode. there are a number of online services that can determine the channels available and reception strength at your zipcode. Here’s a good one: https://www.antennaweb.org/
- Pick an antenna. We used this small unobtrusive antenna by Winegard to get 9 local channels in a hilly forest/tree filled neighborhood in the Earlysville area. We amplified it with a small kit that provides power to it via the coaxial cable.
2. Position the antenna for best reception. We tried several positions before settling on one that had the best reception. Yes- it takes a little work to do this (but AVS can do this for you!) . We mounted it high on the side of the house for best reception. This position received about 9 channels- about double the amount we had hoped for.
3. Distribute the signal to the TVs in the house. Use a coaxial cable splitter to distribute the signal to 1-4 Tvs throughout the house. This means that you need to find the location (inside or outside) where all the coaxial cables terminate in your house and get the HD antenna signal to that area. (AVS can easily do this for you)
AVS also installed sold, delivered and installed these 2 TVs: Both stream content from Netflix, Amazon, etc wirelessly from the internet.
Samsung Electronics UN40MU7000 40-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV – mounted on an articulating arm.
Samsung Electronics UN55MU7000 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
AVS can help you cut the cord!!….
We would love to hear from you…
Please call or email us ! We’ll happily answer any questions about your audio visual needs or dreams.
Call us: Email Us:
(434) 973-9269 firstname.lastname@example.org
Request a Free Quote
Get a great quote, Receive some expert advice
& Schedule an on-site consultation- all FREE.
Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm
Saturday – Closed
Sunday – Closed